The Iconic World Series of Poker® to Return to Turning Stone in 2023; Satellite Events to Start Friday, August 5
The World Series of Poker’s ® new tournament season at Turning Stone, home of New York’s largest and most awarded Poker Room, will feature a new Ladies-only event and an expanded tournament format for last year’s most popular event. Turning Stone poker players have several opportunities to compete in the most prestigious poker tournament in the country with a variety of qualifying events, all culminating in March for the 12-day Circuit Tournament Series with more than $1 million in guaranteed cash winnings.
Oneida Indian Nation Homelands (August 2, 2022) – Following the overwhelming success of New York’s first-ever World Series of Poker® (WSOP) tournament series in March, Turning Stone announced today it is set to host the state’s second WSOP tournament, with the exciting addition of a Ladies Only Event. Turning Stone poker players will have many opportunities to compete in the 2023 WSOP, with events culminating at Turning Stone in March with the 12-day Circuit Tournament Series, where players will be vying for 16 WSOP Gold Rings, more than $1 million guaranteed in cash winnings and a chance to win a seat in the nationally-televised WSOP “Tournament of Champions” in Las Vegas.
Turning Stone kicks off the 2023 WSOP season this Friday, August 5 with a satellite event in the Poker Room.
Being selected to host a WSOP Circuit event in 2023 was awarded to only 25 casinos in the world, distinguishing Turning Stone as among the most premier WSOP Circuit events in the country.
“We are thrilled to host the World Series of Poker again and to provide poker players from all over the country the opportunity to experience this iconic event,” said Ray Halbritter, Oneida Indian Nation Representative and Oneida Nation Enterprises CEO. “Thousands of people participated in our first WSOP, collectively winning more than $4 million, and with the addition of the Ladies event this year and another Gold Ring up for grabs, it is guaranteed to be another historic tournament.”
A new addition to the 2023 WSOP schedule at Turning Stone is the Ladies event, which will be held during the 12-day tournament series in March. The Ladies event will be one of 16 opportunities for players to win a seat in the “Tournament of Champions” in Las Vegas and a WSOP Gold Ring, the ultimate trophy of the WSOP Circuit events.
New York’s first WSOP tournament held at Turning Stone earlier this year, far exceeded expectations with nearly 11K total entries consisting of players traveling from 26 states and Canada and more than $4 million paid in cash winnings – four times more than the guaranteed prize pool.
Turning Stone’s 2023 WSOP calendar of events include dozens of Satellite Events, four Main Events and the 12-day WSOP Circuit Tournament Series on March 16 – 27, 2023.
World Series of Poker® Satellite Events
Turning Stone’s WSOP kicks-off with the first round of Satellite Events on Friday, August 5.
- Satellite events are held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- $175 buy-in with a 10,000 chip starting-stack
- Every 1 in 10 players is a winner
- Winners receive a $1,400 seat in a Turning Stone WSOP Main Event
World Series of Poker® Main Events at Turning Stone
Poker players also have an opportunity to compete in one of Turning Stone’s four WSOP Main Events.
- The first Main Event will be held on Sunday, October 9.
- Main Event Winners will receive a $10,000 seat to the World Series of Poker Event in Las Vegas, as well as $3,000 in travel money.
- Additional Main Event dates to be announced shortly.
World Series of Poker® Circuit Event
- Turning Stone will host New York’s only World Series of Poker® Circuit Event March 16 – 27, 2023.
- New for 2023: A Ladies Event, Turning Stone’s 16th Gold Ring event.
- Also new, the Monster Stack event, the most popular event of the 2022 WSOP at Turning Stone, will return as a special two-day event.
- Turning Stone’s Circuit Event Ring winners will qualify for the invitation-only “Tournament of Champions” event during the 2023 World Series of Poker tournament in Las Vegas to compete for the WSOP Gold Bracelet and $1 million prize pool.
- The WSOP Circuit Event will once again be held in the Turning Stone Event Center, allowing for even more poker players to compete.
Looking Back: 2022 WSOP at Turning Stone By the Numbers:
- $4.4 million in cash winnings paid (4x the $1 million guarantee)
- 1.6K players won prize money in the tournament
- Nearly 11,000 entries in the WSOP at Turning Stone
- Thousands of players traveled to Central New York from 26 states and Canada
- 15 WSOP Gold Rings awarded, WSOP’s ultimate trophy
- 14 WSOP Circuit Ring Winners eligible to compete in the “Tournament of Champions” in Las Vegas (total of 15 WSOP winners with Joe Rice winning two events)
- 12 additional WSOP Circuit Main Event Winners eligible to compete in the WSOP Tournament in Las Vegas.
Players interested in participating in the WSOP Satellite or Main Events at Turning Stone can find more information online at TuringStone.com/gaming/world-series-of-poker.