Letter from CEO Ray Halbritter Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Dear Valued Guest:
We appreciate the trust you place in us every time you visit one of our properties. As you are planning your next visit, you likely have questions about our efforts to address and manage Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are closely monitoring the situation and are taking necessary actions as warranted. We have created a COVID-19 Coordinating Committee and several subcommittees that span all areas of our business functions. The committees are holding daily meetings to anticipate current and future impacts based upon the best available information.
Here are some other things you should know.
We Are in the Business of Hospitality
Since 1993, we have excelled in the business of hospitality. This includes the prioritization of health and safety as our top concern. As such, we have developed robust systems to effectively manage a range of health-related situations when they arise.
You can be confident in the operational ability and professionalism of our highly trained personnel, as well as the processes that we have honed through the years of serving millions of guests.
Additional Actions Oneida Nation Enterprises is Taking
- As referenced above, we have created a COVID-19 Coordinating Committee that spans all areas. Committee members hold daily meetings to implement best practices as the situation develops. We also have formed an internal working group to monitor, assess and respond to anything that could impact the health or safety of guests and staff.
- We are actively and closely coordinating with our local departments of health and county health organizations, as well as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other federal agencies to ensure our actions are aligned with measures being taken in the broader community. We are aware of the most current developments, and local departments of health have been supportive of the proactive measures we have taken thus far.
- We have employees on every shift around the clock dedicated to the sole function of cleansing and disinfecting all dials, buttons, railings and other surfaces, plus staff in every restaurant scrubbing menus, tables and check presenters.
- The Games department has implemented a plan to wash all gaming chips on a regular basis. We are removing playing cards at least every 24 hours, and some much more frequently than that.
- All employees have been instructed to remain home if they a fever or cough beyond a common cold, and to leave the workplace if they become ill during their shift.
- Guests at to our properties will find extra supplies of sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizing soap throughout the resort in easily accessible locations.
Preventative Measures You Can Take
As a guest, there are a few additional steps that you can also take to help safeguard against the spread of any illness.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with hot water, for at least 20 seconds
- If using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, make sure it contains at least 60% alcohol content
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, eyes and other areas of your face
- Avoid shaking hands or making unnecessary contact through greeting at this time
- Consider getting a flu shot if you have not already done so
- If you are sick, avoid traveling and stay home
For more detailed information about COVID-19, how it spreads, and prevention and treatment visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
We appreciate your loyalty and trust. We are committed to implementing recommendations from health professionals that allow us to stay safe when visiting one of our properties. The health and safety of our guests, employees and public has always been paramount to us, and will continue to be during this time.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Ray Halbritter, Oneida Nation Enterprises CEO