Seven Exciting Aspects of 7 Kitchens
We’re less than a month away from the opening of 7 Kitchens, the brand-new buffet concept at Turning Stone Resort Casino. That means chefs and servers are getting excited to introduce guests to the new digs.
Perhaps nobody is more stoked than 7 Kitchens’ Chef de Cuisine Dustin Tuthill. Dustin recently shared the seven things about 7 Kitchens he’s most excited to share.
- Cedar-Plank Salmon. Rubbed with a spice rub including garlic, onions, paprika, and brown sugar, Dustin said the salmon will taste like candy. Guests will get cedar paddles for slicing off bite-sized pieces.
- Dim-sum Station. 7 Kitchens will have this part of the floor set up like a giant steam well, with dumpling baskets cascading down to guests. As Dustin described it: “This will be something guests have never seen before.”
- Taco station. Turning Stone chefs will prepare three to four different meats on the plancha, and guests can watch servers assembling tacos upon request. According to Dustin, the station will also have handmade empanadas.
- Educational Approach. Instead of simply handing over food to guests, servers are being trained to educate them, sharing details about how foods have been prepared and where ingredients are from. Dustin said this approach will make the experience more personalized.
- Dessert Station. Without hesitation, Dustin described this part of 7 Kitchens as a “show-stopper.” The station will be a standalone island with featured goodies from every cultural area of the kitchen.
- Antipasto Station. In addition to a reimagined salad bar, 7 Kitchens will have this station complete with cured meats, cheeses, roasted red peppers, olives, and other savory treats. Dustin predicted many guests will hit the salad bar first, then top their creation with antipasto.
- Attention to Detail. While other buffets serve food in chafers, 7 Kitchens has invested in special service pans—the kinds of vessels that guests might have at their homes. According to Dustin, this is another way to create a “home-cooked” vibe.
“We really have gone out of our way to make 7 Kitchens a place where guests feel comfortable, an experience unlike any they’ve ever had before,” Dustin said. “I think guests will be very excited to see what we’ve done.”